Media Memo: Test of campus emergency notification system set for May 8May 7, 2012
TO: News Editors and Directors
FROM: Judy Berthiaume
DATE: May 7, 2012
SUBJECT: Test of campus emergency notification system set for May 8
The University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire will conduct a campuswide test of its emergency notification system between 9:45 a.m. and 10:15 a.m. Tuesday, May 8.
The test will include the following notification methods:
- A text message to cell phones that have been registered in e2Campus, the university's emergency notification system.
- Pop-up messages on all university-owned computers, including those in offices, labs and classrooms.
- Emails to all students, faculty and staff.
- Announcement on the university home page.
- Announcement on the university's emergency website.
- Message sent over the university's carillon.
The test will help officials determine how an alert will impact the campus and communication infrastructure.
Following the test, faculty, staff and students will be asked to complete a brief online survey to provide feedback regarding the emergency notification system.
Beth Hellwig, chair of the Emergency Preparedness Committee and vice chancellor of Student Affairs, is available to discuss the emergency notification system and other efforts UW-Eau Claire has in place to help the campus community deal with an emergency. You can reach Dr. Hellwig at 715-836-5992 or firstname.lastname@example.org.