Centennial Hall move-in to begin Dec. 27December 16, 2013
Editor's note: Members of the media are welcome to cover move-in activities in UW-Eau Claire's Centennial Hall. To schedule a visit while departments and individuals are moving into their new offices, please contact Christopher Hessel, construction project coordinator for UW-Eau Claire Facilities Management, at email@example.com or 715-836-2518.
RELEASED: Dec. 16, 2013
EAU CLAIRE — Preparations are underway for classes to begin Jan. 21, the start of the spring 2014 semester, in the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire's new Centennial Hall.
One college, four academic departments, several student support offices, and more than 150 faculty and staff will move into the facility from Dec. 27 through Jan. 9. The following departments and offices will move into Centennial Hall on the dates specified below:
- College of Education and Human Sciences dean's office, third floor, Dec. 27.
- Education studies department, third floor, Dec. 27.
- English department, fourth floor, Dec. 27.
- Foreign languages department, fourth floor, Dec. 27.
- Special education department, third floor, Dec. 27.
- Student Success Center (Academic Skills Center, Math Lab, Services for Students with Disabilities, Center for Writing Excellence), second floor, Jan. 6.
- Blugold Beginnings, first floor, Jan. 7.
- Office of Multicultural Affairs, first floor, Jan. 7.
Individual faculty and staff from the various offices and departments are scheduled to move into their offices over the course of the two-week period.
The $44.5 million, approximately 182,000-square-foot Centennial Hall is UW-Eau Claire's first new academic building since 1983.